Saturday, July 31, 2010

Muscles!

Ok. Having done lots of research I think I understand what is going on. I am building muscles and it is apparently normal for the scales to move up when you first start exercising. This must be true because this morning I slipped into a pair of jeans that I have NEVER been able to wear. So I suppose for right now I need to just ignore the scale and concentrate on my diet and exercise. This morning I did 15 minutes of exercise. Things like leg lifts, butt lifts and crunches and then walked 30 minutes. My calorie tracker said I burned around 300 calories. Right now I am trying to keep my diet around 1200 calories. I hope I'm doing this right. It's all new to me. This morning I had a protein shake for breakfast and just finished a can 0f tuna packed in water with a tsp. of low fat mayonnaise and lots of lemon. I have some boneless skinless chicken breasts marinading in fat free italion dressing. Going to grill them tonight. Thinking about mashed potatoes and steamed mixed vegetables for sides. The mashed potatoes are for my husband. He will be home tonight. YAY!!!!
I have to tell you that getting into those jeans really boosted my moral. I was getting so depressed. Afraid that I had done the wrong thing and that all that pain had been for nothing. But I still want to see the numbers on the scale start dropping. My first goal is to hit 249. Then 225. I can't wait!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment