Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ouch!!!!



Just thought I would share a picture 2 days after the surgery. The largest boo-boo is the port site. I have more bruises now on my lower belly from the lovenex shots. It's a blood thinner my doc wanted me on for 2 weeks. It's to help prevent blood clots. It's not to bad. The medicine burns as it's being absorbed but I've been on insulin shots for years because of my diabetes. I'm also taking a chewable multi-vitamin. It tastes like an orange Flintstones vitamin. Or at least to me it does!!! Enjoying my protein shakes. Made one with a scoop of low-fat chocolate frozen yogurt, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 8 oz of soy milk and crushed ice. Used my stick blender to blend it and LOVED it. Sinful!! Oh and I also use my stick blender on my cream soups. That way I don't have strain it. Maybe it might work for you. I will say that I am healing. My port site still hurts so bad. It burns but it's only going to get better. Thank goodness for liquid Tylenol!

No comments:

Post a Comment