Friday, July 16, 2010

Fist Visit Back at Hospital!!!!

Well it's been 9 days since my surgery. Things have been painful. My port site has hurt so bad and the last couple of days it has been worse. Last night in the bed on my back I felt a knot above the port site. Ouch. I went in today to get my staples out and the small knot was now the size of a baseball. She drew 10cc of fluid away. Yuck. But it did feel so much better. She said there was a good chance it would build back up and just to come back whenever I needed a drain. She also put me on antibiotics "just in case". Only time will time....
In other news! My diet has been going great. I started my liquid diet on July 4th and as of today I have lost 11 pounds. My starting weight was 267. I am now at 256. I tried a new shake today. Light Soy Milk, 2 scoops vanilla protein and 1 tbs. of peanut butter. So yummy. A friend sent me a recipe for Pumpkin Pie shake. She says it tastes just like a piece of pumpkin pie. Light soy milk, 2 scoops of protein, 1 tbs. pure pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice mix. She said if you like it a little sweeter then add some splenda. Will try that soon! Making sure I get my 60 oz of liquid a day and my 60 proteins. Oh and my stick blender gave up the ghost yesterday. My mom took me yesterday to buy a new one. Don't know what I would do without my stick blender!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment