Saturday, July 24, 2010

FOOD!!!!!

Well I am officially on mushy food. The first day I ate it hurt. No not really hurt. Just very uncomfortable!!! I think I just ate to fast. Trust me when I say lesson learned. Been eating things like canned chicken with just a tiny amount of low fat mayonnaise. Lots of tuna. Cottage cheese. Was starving today at Wal-mart and thought about the tuna salad at Subway. I told them I had just had the lap-band and wondering if I could just get some of the tuna. No salad or sandwich. They gave me 2 scoops with s sprinkle of cheese on top for $1.38 including tax. Just the right amount of food. So glad I asked. Some people have said they don't like to mention their surgery. I don't mind. I'm happy and excited about my new life. And if someone overhears and wants to ask questions.....I will be more then happy to answer. That's already happened a couple of times. It's like this blog. I want to help. I want to share. Ok....I just like to talk!!!!!!
My husband came in this morning and we went to the grocery store. Bought LOTS and LOTS of yummy stuff. Boneless chicken breasts, tuna, cottage cheese, tilapia fillets. Oh and some of that Laughing Cow low calorie cheese wedges.
Tonight I cooked a spaghetti squash for the first time. It was a huge hit. My husband loved it. His favorite part was the cranberries. I picked out some of the squash and few bites of the chicken. It really was VERY good!!!!!!!!
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
1 large spaghetti squash
1 T. regular olive oil
1 T. butter
1 medium yellow onion
1 clove garlic
1 c. fresh mushrooms
1 c. cooked broccoli
1 c. cooked chicken
3/4 c. cranberries
1/2 c. chicken broth
Asiago cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with foil and a quick spray of oil. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and lay cut-side down on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to easily handle.
In a large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and oil and sauté garlic and onions 4 to 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add broccoli, mushrooms and chicken, and heat until warmed. Add cranberries and broth to skillet and cover. Lower heat and simmer about 4-5 minutes, until most of the liquid is gone.
Scoop out the spaghetti squash innards with a spoon, separating strands. Add squash strands to skillet and toss everything together. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese, and place under a preheated broiler till cheese is melted and toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment