Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back to the Hospital....

Last night around dinner time I noticed that my port site was started to really hurt again. One touch and I knew what the problem was. There was a big rock hard knot under the skin. The fluid had built back up. Didn't sleep much last night because of the pain and was so happy to see the light of day. Went to the hospital with a knot the size of a baseball under my skin and they drained another 10ccs of fluid. INSTANT RELIEF!!! It's still sore from where she was poking around with the needle and pressing on it but I can handle that. The nurse said it might happen again and if it does just come see her again. Why me? Guess I'm just special....Lucky me!
Went to lunch my my mom and Hannah afterwards. Went to Barnhill's Buffet. I had a sweet tea. Before you yell at me. It's only the 2nd sweet tea I've had since the surgery and I needed a little sugar to keep my glucose levels up. I also snuck and got about a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and when the waitress wasn't looking I had my lunch. I just didn't see paying $8 for that tiny amount of food. Was it so terribly wrong of me? To be honest I do feel a little guilty.
Hopefully tomorrow will be like yesterday and I will feel like walking again. Right now all I want to do is rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment