Friday, August 20, 2010

Snacks....the enemy!

Hello all! It's been a while but I'm here now. Things are great. Well...for the most part. Still eating lots of good for me food. NO JUNK FOOD!!!! But. I keep catching myself falling back into the snack trap. I'm eating snacks that are not so bad for you. Foods such as 1% cottage cheese, Multi-grain wheat thins with a laughing cow cheese, grilled chicken. The problem is I know I'm eating too much. It's habit. It's like if it's in the house I want it. I can't help myself. I know I'm not hungry it's just habit. A bad habit. Part of me is so looking forward to that first fill and part of me is having nightmares about it. Having the lap band put in was only the first step. After the fill It will become an actual tool. An active part of my life. Things are going to change. But I know I can do this. I already trying so hard.
The bathroom scales still disgust me. Not even checking them anymore. The numbers just don't change. They just fluctuate back and forth over 3 lbs. I hate those scales. But I know that something is going on. I feel terrific. So much energy. And I'm fitting into clothes that I have NEVER been able to wear. I bought size x-large!!! X-LARGE!!!!! And this morning I slid into a pair of 16's. I haven't been a 16 since I was 13 years old. Had to order new boots because my plus size boots are way too big. They wouldn't stay up on my calves any more.
Even though I know I'm changing when I look in the mirror it's hard for me to see them. I still pick up the 2x and 3x shirts at the store. I have to remind myself that they don't fit anymore. It's a tough road but so worth it. Still exercising but I know I have to go buy a really good pair of walking shoes. Lots of cushion and arch support. Thought about diabetic shoes. I don't care what they look like as long as they help me reach my goals. Can't wait till the weather cools off a little more. Walking in this heat is torture.....
Going to get some new pictures posted soon. Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Im glad your back and still on track. Keep up the good work. Suzie:)

    ReplyDelete